References and links to background material like science papers and
popular science articles on the topic.
- EPA Volunteer Monitoring: Information about how to get involved in organized volunteer water monitoring.
- World Water Monitoring Day (WWMD) builds public awareness and involvement in protecting water resources around the world by engaging citizens in basic monitoring of their local water.
- EarthLabs activity Make a Watershed Model: Hands-on activity that walks you through how to build a simple physical model to help you understand concept of a watershed.
- EPA’s Watershed Academy: This Web site provides an introduction to watershed management through a set of self-paced training modules, including fifteen that make up the core of the Watershed Academy Certificate Program.
- Water Quality Monitoring and Assessment Programs by State: Find out about water quality monitoring programs in your home state.
- Creeping Dead Zones: A NASA article about the increasing numbers of dead zones around the world.