ASTER website informs a broad audience about ASTER data and products.
ASTER data are are available from several archives:
- Earthdata Search – Search the entire ASTER data archive. ALL products are available to all users at no cost: ASTER L1A, L1B, L1T; Higher Level Data Products (HLDPs) created from L1A; the ASTER Global Digital Elevation Model (GDEM), and the North American ASTER Land Surface Emissivity Database (NAALSED). Registration is required for all users.
- GLoVis – Search the entire ASTER data archive using a browse-based map interface. The following products are available to all users at no cost: ASTER L1T data (day only), Landsat products, EO-1 data, Sentinel-2 data, Orbview-3 data, and DOQs.
- ASTER/AIST – You can search the entire ASTER data archive using a browse-based map interface. Order:1) pseudocolor natural color image as WMS/KML; 2) Level 3 orthorectified bands 1-14 with 30m DEM; 3) Global Digital Elevation Model (GDEM).
- Earth Explorer – No charge ASTER data for all users: ASTER L1B and L1T data, the ASTER GDEM, and NAALSED products for the world. Select “NASA LPDAAC collections” under “Data Sets”.
- AppEEARS – The Application for Extracting and Exploring Analysis Ready Samples (AρρEEARS) offers a simple and efficient way to access and transform geospatial data from a variety of federal data archives. AρρEEARS enables users to subset geospatial datasets using spatial, temporal, and band/layer parameters.
- LPDAAC Data Pool – The Data Pool is the publicly available portion of the LP DAAC online holdings. Data Pool provides a direct way to access data product files via HTTPS. All Data Pool holdings are available at no cost.
ASTER Data Products For Novice Data Users
- NASA Worldview– Visually explore the past and the present of this dynamic planet from a satellite’s perspective. Select from an array of stories below to learn more about Worldview, the satellite imagery we provide and events occurring around the world.
ASTER Data Products For Professional Data Users